Tasty chick pea burgers
Prep Time 50-60 minutes
Cook Time 5-7 minutes
1 x 340g tin of sweetcorn, drained
1x 400g tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon of ground coriander
¼ teaspoon of cayenne
75g plain flour
10g fresh coriander, chopped
Zest of 1 lemon
Salt and pepper
Vegetable oil for frying
To serve – Brioche buns, chipotle mayonnaise, baby gem lettuce, tomato and red onion
- Place the chick peas and sweetcorn in a blender with the coriander and spices.
- Using the pulse button, blend until semi smooth with some texture still in the mixture.
- Tip into a bowl and add the flour, lemon zest, salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well, shape into 4 burgers and place on a dinner plate lined with cling film.
- Chill in the fridge for 30-40 minutes to firm up. Heat a pan over a medium heat with a tablespoon of oil.
- Fry the burgers for 4-5 minutes on each side, turning once.
- Serve in the buns with all the trimmings.
- Enjoy with Green Isle Cauliflower fries!