Transition Year Home Economics Recipe Competition
Time to get creative
Calling all transition year Home Economics students! Are you a keen cook who loves to develop new, tasty recipes? Then we have got the perfect competition for you this month with three great prizes up for grabs.
Who can enter?
This competition is open to Transition Year Home Economics students in the Republic of Ireland
How to enter?
- To enter, students must create a recipe that would help people reach their 5 a day
- The recipe must include at least one Green Isle vegetable or fruit product to be named in the recipe
- Students must give a brief 30-word description of their recipe and how it helps people achieve their 5 a day
- Students must upload their entry to Instagram tagging their school social media account and @greenisle Students have the option to upload from a school account, including student details or a personal account. Please ensure the account you upload from is public so we can view the entry.
10th January 2022
31st January 2021
Week commencing the 7th of February 2022
Winners will be contacted
What is the prize?
- 1st place winner: €500 worth of kitchen equipment for your Home Economics class/department
- 2nd place winner: €300 worth of kitchen equipment for your Home Economics class/department
- 3rd place winner: €200 worth of kitchen equipment for your Home Economics class/department
- Aprons and goodie bags are also up for grabs!
- Judging Criteria: The judging of the competition will be based on presentation, creativity, level of difficulty and originality.
- Best of luck!
For recipe inspiration, please visit our recipe section but do not copy recipes exact.
For full terms and conditions, visit our competition terms and conditions page here:
Get to the Goodness
Follow us on Instagram @GreenIsle