Carrot & Ginger Soup
Ready in just 25 minutes, this carrot and ginger soup is perfect for a quick and healthy lunch or dinner. This recipe is easily doubled and perfect to freeze in batches and enjoy at a later date. Preparing and freezing batch cooked meals can save you time and effort as well as providing you with a nutritious and tasty meal at a later date. Our Baby Carrots count as 1 of your 5 a day, are high in vitamin A and contain all the nutrients that fresh vegetables have.
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 onion, finely chopped
750 grams Green Isle Carrots
2 sticks celery, roughly chopped
Thumb sized piece of fresh ginger, finely sliced
2 teaspoons turmeric
1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
1 litre vegetable stock or chicken stock
Salt, to taste
Greek yoghurt or vegan alternative
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pot set over a medium heat. Add the onion, Green Isle carrots and celery and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the ginger, turmeric, black pepper and garlic. Mix well and cook for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour over the stock and bring to the boil then reduce the heat, and simmer for 15 minutes or until the carrots are tender. Allow the soup to cool a little and then blitz until smooth. Return to the heat, season with salt and warm through.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top each with a little yoghurt and some almonds. Serve immediately with some bread for mopping everything up!
- ● Tip: you could make a double batch of the soup and freeze what you don’t use.
Share on social
Share on social