Ghosty Raspberry Blondies
For the blondies:
240 grams butter, softened
150 grams caster sugar
100 grams light brown sugar
2 free-range eggs
260 grams plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
150 grams white chocolate, chopped
150 grams Green Isle frozen raspberries
For the icing:
150 grams white chocolate chips
75 grams double cream
15 large white marshmallows
A food safe black pen (you can buy these in the baking section of SuperValu!)
You will need:
1 x 13.6 x 11 inch roaster tin
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 160 C fan and grease and line the baking tin.
- Melt the butter, caster sugar and light brown sugar together in a large bowl set over a bain marie. Once full melted remove the bowl from the heat and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Add the egg and combine thoroughly. Fold in flour, baking powder and salt then finally stir in most of the white chocolate and frozen raspberries.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and sprinkle over the remaining white chocolate then scatter over the frozen raspberries. Bake in the oven for 35 - 40 minutes.
- The blondies may look a bit under baked when you take them out of the oven but they will set further on cooling.
- Whilst the brownies are cooling, make the icing by placing the cream into a medium saucepan and bringing to the boil. Once boiling, remove the cream from the heat and add the white chocolate chips.
- Leave to stand for 30 seconds then slowly mix everything together to combine.
- Set aside for 30 minutes to firm up slightly.
- When ready to assemble, place the blondies on a large chopping board and cut into even squares. Take a marshmallow and with the food safe pen, draw eyes and a mouth on the marshmallow. Now take a spoonful of the cooled icing and dribble over the top of a blondie.
- Squish the marshmallow into the icing to make the ghosts’ head and repeat with the rest of the blondies and marshmallows up all the blondies have been turned into spooky ghosts!
Share on social
Share on social