Persian jeweled Cauliflower Rice
Enjoy this Persian inspired dish, classically served with grains such as couscous we have we have created this lighter side with our Cauliflower Rice. Made with saffron, raisins and jewelled with pomegranate seeds, this is a side dish everyone can enjoy. What will you serve yours with?
50 grams raisins
1 onion, finely sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
20 grams unsalted butter (or vegan alternative)
½ teaspoon salt
3 packets Green Isle Cauliflower Rice (480g)
50 grams pomegranate seeds
50 grams pistachios, roughly chopped
Handful of coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- Begin by placing the raisins into a small bowl and the saffron into a separate small bowl. Pour freshly boiled water over the raisins to cover and set aside then add 2 tablespoons of freshly boiled water to the saffron and set aside also.
- Place a large saucepan over a medium heat and add the olive oil, butter, sliced onion and salt.
- Cook for 15 - 20 minutes until golden and caramelised, stirring often. When the onion is golden, add the cauliflower rice and cook for 5 minutes until fully defrosted and heated through.
- Add the saffron and it’s water to the pan and cook for a further 3 minutes until the water has evaporated.
- Drain the raisins and stir through the rice, cook for a further minute to heat through and then remove from the heat.
- Stir the pomegranate seeds, pistachios and coriander through the rice, saving a little for garnish then serve in a large bowl with the remaining pomegranate, pistachios and coriander sprinkled on top.
Share on social
Share on social