Blueberry Breakfast Bread (suitable for freezing)
Blueberry Bread is perfect for freezing and enjoying for breakfast with a cup of tea or as a sweet lunchbox treat. With chopped pecans, cinnamon and lots of Green Isle Blueberries, they are packed full of sweet, fruity flavour. This simple recipe is a great one to bake with the kids over the weekend. Full recipe available on our website.Top Tip: You can you can freeze this mini breads once they have cooled and simply defrost in the evening the next day’s breakfast or lunch.
75 grams unsalted butter, melted
100 grams caster sugar
100 grams soft light brown sugar
210 grams plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
100 ml milk
50 grams chopped pecans
100 grams Green Isle Frozen Blueberries
2 tablespoons demerara sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 160 C fan. Lightly grease a 1 lb loaf tin or 12 mini loaf moulds with butter and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugars with an electric hand whisk until light and fluffy then add the eggs, 1 at a time, combining well after each addition.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, and salt into the mixture and fold in, then gradually add the milk, stirring well to incorporate.
- Finally fold in the pecans and Green Isle Frozen Blueberries. Pour the batter into the loaf tin or mini loaf tins, whichever you have chosen to use.
- Sprinkle the top with the demerara sugar and bake in the preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes for the larger loaf or 30 – 35 minutes for the smaller loaves, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool the bread in the pan for 10 minutes then remove and place onto a cooling rack to cool completely.Tip: you can freeze the breads once they have cooled and simply defrost in the evening for breakfast the next morning!
Share on social
Share on social