Oat, Banana and Blueberry Pancakes
Breakfast will never be the same again with our Oat, Banana and Blueberry Pancakes. They won’t take long to make and are the perfect weekend breakfast treat to help you get one of your five a day.
For the chia jam
100 grams Green Isle Frozen Blueberries
Juice of ½ a lemon
2 tablespoon chia seeds
1 – 2 tablespoon maple syrup, depending on how sweet you like things
For the pancakes
125 ml oat milk
2 eggs, separated
1 small banana
100 grams oats
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla paste
50 grams Green Isle Frozen Blueberries
Vegetable oil, for frying
- To make the chia jam, place the frozen blueberries into a saucepan and slowly heat until defrosted. Mash with a potato masher, or fork, until broken down then bring to the boil and turn the heat off. Stir through the lemon juice, chia seeds and maple syrup and set aside to thicken for at least 20 minutes.
- The chia jam can be served straight away and stored in a jar in the fridge for up to a week.
- For the pancakes, put the oat milk, egg yolks, banana, oats, baking powder and vanilla into a high speed blender and blitz until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs whites until they hold stiff peaks then fold into the banana, oat mixture.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add a small amount of vegetable oil, pour a small ladleful of batter into the pan and cook for 1-2 mins, until the base sets and bubbles appear all over the top then sprinkle a few frozen blueberries over the unset side.
- Flip and cook the other side for a minute. Repeat in batches until all of the mixture is used up.
- Serve the pancakes with the blueberry chia jam and some yogurt.
Share on social
Share on social