Vegetarian stroganoff with Sliced Green Beans and cauliflower mash
350 grams mixed mushrooms, roughly chopped
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
2 garlic cloves, crushed
150 ml vegetable stock
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (or vegetarian alternative)
100 grams Green Isle Frozen Green Beans
3 tablespoons low fat sour cream
Handful of chives, finely chopped
1 medium head of Cauliflower
Knob of butter or vegan alternative like unsweetened non-dairy milk
Optional garlic powder, parmesan
- Break the cauliflower up into florets, or just chop up the head into pieces. Microwave or steam until it's tender—a fork should easily pierce it. Then mash in knob of butter and salt, pepper and garlic powder (optional)
- Dry fry the mushrooms for 5 minutes until they have released most of their water and have turned a golden brown colour. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan and add the onion. Cook until soft and translucent but not coloured, which should take about 5 - 7 mins.
- Add the paprika and garlic and cook for 1 minute more then add the mushrooms back into the pan and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Pour in the stock and Worcestershire sauce, stir and then add the green beans. Bring to the boil, bubble for 5 mins until the sauce thickens, then turn off the heat and stir through the soured cream and most of the chives. Make sure the pan is not on the heat or the sauce may split.
- Serve the stroganoff with your cauliflower mash and enjoy!
Share on social
Share on social