Harissa baked Broccoli with zhoug dressing and couscous
450 grams Green Isle Frozen Broccoli
2 tablespoons harissa paste
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
200 grams couscous
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
50 grams pomegranate seeds
For the zhoug:
75 grams coriander, leaves and stalks, roughly chopped, plus extra leaves to garnish
25 grams flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
1 small green chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
½ teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon ground cumin
Juice of ½ lemon
75 ml olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / 180 C fan.
- Place the broccoli into a pan of boiling, salted water and cook for 4 minutes then drain and allow to steam for about 5 minutes.
- Mix the harissa paste and olive oil together in a large bowl, along with a good pinch of salt and pepper and add the broccoli. Toss to combine then lay the broccoli out onto a baking tray and place into the oven for 20 minutes until golden and slightly charred around the edges.
- Whilst the broccoli cooks, place the couscous into a large bowl, add a pinch of salt and then pour over enough boiling water to just cover the grains. Cover the whole bowl with cling film and set aside for 10 minutes.
- For the zhoug blitz everything together until you have a thick sauce.
- When the couscous is ready, fluff the grains up with a fork and then stir through the lemon juice and zest and a glug of olive oil. Set aside until the broccoli is cooked.
- When the broccoli is ready, add to the couscous and mix everything together. Divide onto plates and sprinkle over the pomegranate seeds and some coriander leaves. Finally, finish with a drizzle of the zhoug.
Share on social
Share on social