Halloween mini pies with curried vegetable filling
3 ready rolled sheets shortcrust pastry
1 egg, beaten, for egg wash
For the filling:
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 bag Luxury Stir Fry
½ teaspoon Turmeric
1 teaspoon Curry powder
½ teaspoon Garam masala
½ teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoons tomato purée
100 ml vegetable stock
- Preheat the oven to 190 C / 170 C fan. Roll one sheet of pastry out and using a round cookie cutter cut out circles of pastry slightly larger than the holes on a 12-hole muffin tin. Press these circles into each hole on the tray to line with the pastry. Continue until all 12 holes are lined. With the remaining sheet, cut circles that fit the size of your muffin tin holes and with a sharp knife make scary face in the pastry - triangles for eyes and razor-sharp teeth are a good place to start but have fun and make your own faces!
- Set the lined muffin tin and the round faces of pastry aside in the fridge to chill whilst you make the filling.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan and add the Luxury Stir Fry mix. Cook for 5 minutes until thoroughly defrosted then add the turmeric, garam masala, paprika and curry powder. Stir until combined and the spices smell fragrant then add the tomato purée and vegetable stock and cook for 10 minutes. Set aside to cook completely.
- When the filling is cooled, fill the lines muffin holes with filling and place a round of pastry with a face onto each hole. Crimp the edges to seal and brush with egg wash.
- Bake for 20 - 25 mins and then allow to cook slightly before serving.
Share on social
Share on social