Loaded spicy wedges veggie ‘chicken nachos’
1 bag Green Isle Spicy Wedges (or any of our Wedges range works here)
For the topping:
200 grams vegetarian chicken alternative or drained young jackfruit, from a tin – thinly sliced
75 ml Buffalo sauce
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon tabasco
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (or veggie alternative)
For the guacamole:
2 avocados, peeled and halved
Juice of 1 lime
Handful fresh coriander leaves
1 red chilli, finely chopped
½ red onion, finely chopped
For the salsa:
2 large tomatoes, cut in half
1 white onion, peeled and cut in half
4 garlic cloves, in their skin
1 red chilli, stalk removed
50 ml extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
100 grams cheddar cheese
8 jalapeno slices
1 avocado, thinly sliced
Handful coriander, torn, to garnish
1 lime, cut into wedges, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 220 C / 200 C fan.
- Place the spicy wedges onto a baking tray and roast for 15 - 20 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Whilst they cook, make the guacamole by blitzing the avocados, lime juice and coriander in a food processor until smooth. Place into a bowl and stir through the red chilli, chopped onion and some salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place 2 frying pans over medium high heat. To one, add a tablespoon of olive oil and the vegetarian chicken pieces or jackfruit. To the other, add the tomato, cut side down, onion, cut side down, garlic cloves and red chilli.
- Fry the ‘chicken’ pieces or jackfruit until golden then stir in the buffalo sauce, butter, tabasco and Worcestershire sauce. Remove from the heat.
- Cook the vegetables in the pan until blackened and completely charred on all sides - about 5 minutes then remove from the pan, peel the skins from the garlic cloves and add them to a food processor along with the olive oil, red wine vinegar and some salt and pepper. Blitz until smooth then set aside.
- When the wedges are done, place them into a snug fitting dish and sprinkle over the cheese. Spoon over the buffalo ‘chicken’ and place back into the oven for 5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Serve the loaded wedges with the roasted tomato salsa, jalapenos, guacamole, coriander and lime wedges.
Share on social
Share on social