Tofu and peanut noodle bowls with Protein Stir Fry
1 block firm tofu (280g)
300 grams rice noodles
1 tablespoon of groundnut oil, plus 1 tablespoon
1 bag Green Isle Protein Stir Fry
50 grams peanuts, roughly chopped, for garnish
Handful of coriander leaves, for garnish
Lime wedges, for garnish
For the sauce:
5 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
3 tablespoons chilli oil
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 clove garlic, finely grated
1cm piece of fresh ginger, finely grated
- Begin by mixing all the ingredients for the sauce together with 75 ml of water and set aside.
- Cook the rice noodles according to the packet instructions.
- Crumble the tofu into a bowl using your hands, until the tofu is in small, bite sized pieces.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the groundnut oil to a large wok and set over a high heat then add the tofu and cook, without stirring, for a few minutes. Stir briefly and then leave to cook for a further few minutes. Keep doing this - cooking undisturbed and then briefly stirring - until the tofu is crisp and browned. Once browned, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of groundnut oil to the wok and add the Green Isle Protein Stir Fry, cooking for 5 minutes until the vegetables are completely warmed through and all the water has evaporated. Add the cooked rice noodles and stir fry for a further 3 minutes to warm through then divide between bowls.
- Quickly add the tofu back into the wok and pour over the peanut sauce, letting everything bubble together for 2 minutes, then spoon the saucy tofu over the vegetables and noodles. Serve with the crushed peanuts, coriander leaves and lime wedges.
Share on social
Share on social