Veggie Brunch with Croquettes
Enjoy our potato Croquettes as part of a lazy weekend brunch or breakfast, delicious served with some homemade guacamole, grilled halloumi, peppers, chestnut mushrooms or any other breakfast favourites of yours. What better way to start your day? Ready in less than an hour, this recipe serves 4.
½ bag Green Isle Potato Croquettes
2 avocados, peeled and halved
Juice of 1 lime
Handful fresh coriander leaves
1 red chilli, finely chopped
½ red onion, finely chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
200 grams chestnut mushrooms, sliced
1 tablespoon butter
1 sprig of thyme, leaves removed
1 block halloumi
3 grilled peppers, from a jar
1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
Toast, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / 180 C fan.
- Place the Green Isle Potato Croquettes on a baking tray and place into the oven for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Whilst they cook, make the guacamole by blitzing the avocados, lime juice and coriander in a food processor until smooth. Place into a bowl and stir through the red chilli, chopped onion and some salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place 2 frying pans over medium high heat and add the mushrooms to one. Fry for 3 - 4 minutes trying not to stir too much. Add the butter and the thyme leaves and cook for a further 2 - 3 minutes until golden on all sides.
- In the second frying pan, add the halloumi and dry fry on each side for 2 minutes then sprinkle with the chopped chives.
- Serve the guacamole, red pepper slices, halloumi, mushrooms and potato croquettes together alongside some toast.
Share on social
Share on social