Chips topped with Guinness chilli con carne
In the spirit of all things Six Nations, why not serve up some Green Isle Rustic Chips with Irish themed Guinness chilli con carne? The perfect match game food for sharing, that is sure not to disappoint!
2 tablespoons neutral oil
1 large onion, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, grated
500 grams minced beef
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon ground coriander
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 tablespoon chipotle paste
1 x 400 gram can chopped tomatoes
200 ml beef stock
200 ml of Guinness
1 x 400 g can kidney beans
100 grams mature cheddar cheese
3 spring onions, finely sliced
1 bag Green Isle Rustic Chips
- Place a large heavy bottomed pot over a medium heat and add the oil and chopped onion. Cook for 10 minutes until completely softened then add the garlic and cook for a further 3 minutes until fragrant. Add the beef mince and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, for at least 5 minutes until browned. Sprinkle over the spices and add the chipotle paste and stir to coat the mince then add the chopped tomatoes, beef stock and Guinness.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for at least 2 hours until the chilli has thickened and is a rich, dark brown. Stir in the kidney beans and simmer for a further 30 minutes.
- Whilst the chilli simmers, preheat the oven to 200 C / 180 C fan.
- Cook the Green Isle Rustic Chips for 15 - 20 minutes until cooked through and golden.
- When the chips are ready, top with the chilli and finally sprinkle over the cheddar cheese and spring onions.
Share on social
Share on social