Christmas Polar Bear cupcakes with Mixed Berries
For the cupcakes:
125 grams butter, at room temperature
140 grams caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
300 grams self-raising flour
125ml fresh orange juice
Zest of 1 orange
200 grams Green Isle frozen Mixed Berries
For the icing:
200 grams white chocolate
275 grams softened butter
275 grams icing sugar
6 white sandwich biscuits
200 grams white chocolate, melted
24 white chocolate buttons
48 mini marshmallows
Chocolate writing icing
- Preheat oven to 180 C / 160 C fan.
- Line a 12 hole muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Using an electric hand mixer, beat the butter, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until well combined. Fold in the flour and orange juice until just combined then fold in the Green Isle frozen Mixed Berries.
- Spoon the mixture evenly among the paper cases and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool completely before icing.
- For the icing, melt the white chocolate in a Bain-Marie . Beat together the butter and icing sugar for 10 minutes until very pale and creamy then beat in the white chocolate.
- To assemble. Cut the sandwich biscuits in half and dip into the melted white chocolate to cover then set aside to cool slightly. Whilst they are still a little sticky, stick 2 white chocolate buttons to the curved side of the sandwich biscuits to make ‘ears’ for your polar bear.
- With the chocolate writing icing pipe paws onto 24 of the mini marshmallows for your bears feet. When the chocolate has set on the sandwich biscuits pipe eyes and a nose into your bears.
- Ice the cupcakes with the white chocolate icing and then dip into desiccated coconut to cover the icing. Place a bear’s face into the center of the icing and attach 2 marshmallow feet and 2 marshmallow arms. Repeat until they are all finished and enjoy!
Share on social
Share on social