Christmas Polar Bear cupcakes with Mixed Berries
Get creative this Christmas with our Polar Bear cupcakes, easy to make using Green Isle’s Mixed Berries. Perfect to make with kids over the festive period.
For the cupcakes:
125 grams butter, at room temperature
140 grams caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
300 grams self-raising flour
125ml fresh orange juice
Zest of 1 orange
200 grams Green Isle frozen Mixed Berries
For the icing:
200 grams white chocolate
275 grams softened butter
275 grams icing sugar
6 white sandwich biscuits
200 grams white chocolate, melted
24 white chocolate buttons
48 mini marshmallows
Chocolate writing icing
- Preheat oven to 180 C / 160 C fan.
- Line a 12 hole muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Using an electric hand mixer, beat the butter, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until well combined. Fold in the flour and orange juice until just combined then fold in the Green Isle frozen Mixed Berries.
- Spoon the mixture evenly among the paper cases and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool completely before icing.
- For the icing, melt the white chocolate in a Bain-Marie . Beat together the butter and icing sugar for 10 minutes until very pale and creamy then beat in the white chocolate.
- To assemble. Cut the sandwich biscuits in half and dip into the melted white chocolate to cover then set aside to cool slightly. Whilst they are still a little sticky, stick 2 white chocolate buttons to the curved side of the sandwich biscuits to make ‘ears’ for your polar bear.
- With the chocolate writing icing pipe paws onto 24 of the mini marshmallows for your bears feet. When the chocolate has set on the sandwich biscuits pipe eyes and a nose into your bears.
- Ice the cupcakes with the white chocolate icing and then dip into desiccated coconut to cover the icing. Place a bear’s face into the center of the icing and attach 2 marshmallow feet and 2 marshmallow arms. Repeat until they are all finished and enjoy!
Share on social
Share on social