Christmas Crepes with Mixed Berries and white chocolate
140 grams plain flour
300 ml whole milk
25 grams unsalted butter, melted, plus a little extra for greasing
For the compote:
400 grams Green Isle Frozen Mixed Berries
75 grams caster sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
1 cinnamon stick
For the white chocolate sauce:
100 grams white chocolate
50 ml double cream
- Sift the flour with a pinch of salt into a medium-size bowl and make a well in the middle. Add the milk and eggs into the well and start whisking slowly but constantly, gradually incorporating the flour as you do so. Whisk until the batter is completely smooth then set aside to rest for 30 mins.
- Whilst the batter rests, make the compote and white chocolate sauce. Put the ingredients in a pan and gently warm through until the berries are defrosted and juicy then bubble until the juice has thickened but not turned to jam (about 3-4 minutes). Remove the cinnamon stick and set aside to cool whilst you make the white chocolate sauce.
- Melt the white chocolate in a Bain-Marie and when fully melted, stir through the cream. Keep warm.
- To cook the pancakes, stir the batter and add the melted butter, stirring to incorporate.
- Heat a non-stick pan over a medium heat and very lightly grease the pan with melted butter. Using a ladle, pour enough of the batter into the pan to only lightly cover the base and swirl it around so the bottom of the pan is evenly coated. You do not need a lot of batter - you want a thin, lacy pancake.
- Cook the pancake for about 1 minute on one side and then flip the pancake over and cook the other side for about the same time, until it freckles.
- Cook the remaining pancakes.
- To serve, fill the pancakes with compote and fold into quarters. Using the remaining frozen berries make reindeer antlers and face on the pancake. To serve, drizzle with the warm white chocolate sauce - it’s delicious with the frozen berries!
Share on social
Share on social