Chicken & Vegetable Football Hand Pies
If you’re having friends over to watch a match, why not create some tasty football themed food like these chicken and vegetable filled football hand pies. Made using our Garden Peas and Sweetcorn, they can be whipped up in under an hour and are a total crowd pleaser. Make the most out of having your oven on by popping on some of our Crinkle Cut Chips too white your pasties cook, the perfect football or party sides.
75 grams Green Isle Garden
75 grams Green Isle Sweetcorn
150 grams cooked chicken, cut into small pieces
2 tablespoons chipotle hot sauce
1 tablespoon to at9 ketchup
½ teaspoon cumin powder
Small handful of coriander, chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 sheet puff pastry
1 egg, for egg wash
Green Isle Crinkle Cut Chips
- Pre heat oven to 200C / 180 C fan.
- In a bowl, mix together the Green Isle frozen Peas, Sweetcorn, chopped chicken, chipotle hot sauce, ketchup, cumin, chopped coriander and some salt and pepper. Set aside,
- Unroll your sheet of puff pastry and roll out with a rolling pin until a little thinner - about the width of a €1 coin. Cut out 8 x 6cm circles and 8 x 8cm circles from the puff pastry sheet.
- With the 8cm circles, carve the hexagons from a football into the pastry - taking care not to carve all the way through the pastry. Repeat until all are carved.
- Distribute the filling between the 6cm pastry discs and then lay an 8cm pastry disc over the top of each mound of filling, brush the edges with a little egg wash and push with your fingers to seal. Place into the fridge for 30 minutes.
- When ready to cook, egg wash alternate hexagons within your pattern to emulate the white and black hexagons of a real football. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes until the hand pies are risen and golden.
- Serve watching your favourite football game or party with some Green Isle Crinkle Cut Chips.
Share on social
Share on social