Healthy Taco Chips
Why not enjoy our recipe for healthy taco chips made with our NEW low fat chips, perfect for sharing with friends. Our new Low Fat Chips are made from just two ingredients potato & sunflower oil. Perfect for family meals and snacks. Cook for 15-20 minutes. Full recipe below
1 bag Green Isle Low Fat Chips
For the ‘mince’:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon cumin powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon chilli flakes
1 block firm tofu
1 x 400 gram tin black beans, drained
300 gram jar of salsa
200 ml water
For the pico de gallo:
½ red onion, finely diced
100 grams tomatoes, diced
Juice of 1 lime
2 tablespoons coriander, finely chopped
For the taco mayonnaise:
100 grams lighter than light mayonnaise
2 tablespoon chipotle paste
1 teaspoon agave
- Cook the Green Isle Low Fat Chips according to the packet instructions.
- Place the oil, oregano, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika and chilli flakes into a large bowl and whisk together. Crumble the tofu into the bowl and stir to coat in the seasoning mix.
- Now place a large frying pan over a medium heat and when hot, add the tofu, stirring until the tofu is completely broken down and all the moisture has been driven off.
- Add the drained black beans, the salsa and the water and cook the mixture for 10 minutes until nicely thickened but still slightly saucy.
- Whilst the tofu is cooking, make the pico de gallo by mixing all of the ingredients in a bowl along with a pinch of salt then set aside until needed.
- For the taco mayonnaise, mix the mayonnaise, chipotle paste, agave and lime juice together until combined then set aside.
- To serve, pile the tofu mixture on top of the cooked chips then drizzle with the taco mayonnaise and top with the pico de gallo. Finally add some lime wedges and coriander leaves and dig in!
Share on social
Share on social