Sweetcorn Fritters with Avocado, Chilli & Lime Yogurt
For the fritters
380 grams Green Isle Sweetcorn Kernels
200 grams chickpea/gram flour
½ tsp baking powder
25 grams coriander leaves, finely chopped
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1 red chilli, finely chopped, deseeded for less spice
60 ml cold water
Olive oil, for frying
For the lime yogurt
150 grams Greek yogurt
Zest and juice of 1 lime
1 avocado, finely sliced
1 red chilli, finely sliced
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 120 C / 100 C fan / Gas Mark 1.
- Place the Green Isle Sweetcorn into boiling water. Cover, bring back to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes then drain and set aside.
- Place 350 grams of the sweetcorn into a large bowl and add the rest of the ingredients, except for the olive oil, then mix well to combine.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Take a large spoonful of the mixture and place into the pan – you should be able to cook 3 fritters at a time.
- Cook the fritters in the oil over a medium heat for 3 minutes on each side, or until golden and crisp. Drain on kitchen paper and then transfer to the preheated oven to keep warm.
- Repeat this process until all of the mixture has been used up.
- To make the lime yoghurt, mix the yogurt, lime zest and juice together along with a pinch of salt.
- Serve the warm fritters with the lime yogurt, remaining 30 grams sweetcorn, sliced avocado and chilli and some coriander leaves. We love to serve ours with some Mexican hot sauce and lime wedges.
Share on social
Share on social