Traditional Christmas Dinner – Green Isle Style
1 x bag Green Isle Frozen Roast Potatoes
1 x bag Green Isle Frozen Brussel Sprouts
4 rashers streaky smoked bacon
Freshly chopped chives, to garnish
1 x bag Green Isle Baby Carrots
50 grams unsalted butter
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
Freshly chopped parsley, to garnish
1 x bag Green Isle Frozen Peas
1 tablespoon butter
Freshly chopped mint, to garnish
Method: A Time Plan
- Preheat the oven to 220 C / 200 C fan and add the Green Isle Roast Potatoes, laid out on a large baking tray.
- Place the Green Isle Carrots into a saucepan and add 25 grams butter, 100 ml water and the honey to a heavy based pan along with a pinch of seasoning. Place a lid on top and bring to a steady boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 - 25 minutes until the carrots are fork tender.
- After 15 minutes, turn the potatoes and add 4 rasher streaky smoked bacon on a separate baking tray. Turn the Roast Potatoes as you add the bacon.
- Get a saucepan of water on to boil and, with 10 minutes to go, add the Green Isle Brussel Sprouts, cooking for 5 minutes, then remove with a slotted spoon into a bowl.
- Add the peas to the same water and cook for 4 - 5 minutes until tender then drain and place into a bowl with 1 tablespoon butter, the freshly chopped mint and some seasoning.
- The carrots should now be fork-tender and all of the water should have evaporated - if not, remove the lid and cook out further whilst you get the rest of the veg plated up.
- Remove the Roast Potatoes and bacon from the oven and place the roast potatoes into a serving bowl with some seasoning.
- Crumble the bacon over the Brussels Sprouts, add the chopped chives and season with salt and pepper. Toss together and place into a serving bowl.
- Finally, stir the mustard and parsley through the carrots, which should be done by now, and place them into a serving bowl as well.
- 25 - 30 minutes for all your veg sides!
Share on social
Share on social