Celeriac steaks, creamed spinach & chips
Whether you are celebrating Valentines, Galentines or just looking for some delicious vegetarian dinner inspiration, our celeriac steaks recipe with creamed Green Isle Spinach and Rustic Green Isle chips can be whipped up in just 40 minutes and is divine. What better way to serve our deliciously crispy, golden skinned Rustic Chips than with some nutmeg creamed spinach and a tasty celeriac steak?
1 celeriac, peeled
25 grams unsalted butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, bashed
A few sprigs of thyme
100 ml white wine
150 ml vegetable stock
200 grams Green Isle Rustic Chips
For the creamed spinach:
15 grams butter
½ small onion, finely chopped
150 grams Green Isle frozen spinach
150 ml double cream
25 grams parmesan, finely grated
fresh nutmeg, for grating
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / 180 C fan.
- Cut the celeriac into 2 steaks, each about 2cm thick (keep any leftover for roasting and soups). Melt the butter and oil in a large frying pan and add the celeriac. Cook on one side for 5 minutes until golden brown all over then turn and cook on the other side for a further 5 minutes. Add the garlic and thyme and pour in the white wine, bubbling until the liquid reduces by half. Pour in he stock and simmer gently for 15 minutes until very tender and a knife pierces them easily, then remove to a plate.
- Whilst the celeriac cooks, place the chips into the oven to cook for 15 - 20 minutes.
- For the creamed spinach, heat the butter in a medium frying pan and add the onion. Cook for 10 minutes until completely softened then add the spinach and cook until defrosted, about 3 minutes. Add the cream and bubble for a further 2 minutes until the mixture thickens then stir through the parmesan, season well with salt and pepper and finish with a grating of nutmeg.
- Serve the spinach with the chips and celeriac steaks.
Share on social
Share on social