Mixed Vegetable frittata with green salad and speedy aioli
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
300 grams Green Isle Frozen Mixed Vegetables
Small handful parsley, finely chopped
Small handful of chives, finely chopped
200 grams cheddar cheese, grated
75 grams parmesan
For the quick aioli
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
2 tablespoons lemon juice
150 grams mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pre-heat the oven to 190 C / 170 C fan.
- Heat the oil in an ovenproof frying pan and add the onion, cooking for 5 minutes until slightly softened. Add the garlic and and cook for a further minute then add the Green Isle Mixed Vegetables and cook for 10 minutes, until thoroughly defrosted.
- Whilst the vegetables are cooking, add the eggs to a large bowl and season well with salt and pepper. Add the parsley, chives and 100 grams of the cheddar cheese and all of the parmesan and whisk to combine.
- Drop the heat under the pan to medium/low and add the eggs to the pan. Cover with a lid to help them steam through until fully solid like a frittata, which should take about 5-7 minutes.
- Whilst the frittata cooks, turn the grill to high.
- When the eggs are firm, sprinkle the remaining 100 grams of cheddar cheese over the top of the frittata and place under the grill to melt, until golden and bubbling.
- For the quick aioli, put the garlic in a small bowl with the lemon juice and season with a good pinch of sea salt. Mix the mayonnaise and mustard together and, after 5 minutes, sieve the lemon juice over the mixture, leaving the garlic bits behind. Mix everything together really well and serve with the frittata and some lettuce leaves.
Share on social
Share on social