Tray bake with Green Isle Vegetables, turkey breast wrapped in bacon and mini cocktail sausages
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon finely chopped thyme
1 orange, zest and 1 tablespoon juice only
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 turkey breasts, sliced in half lengthways
8 slices smoked streaky bacon
100 grams Green Isle Carrots
100 grams Green Isle Brussel Sprouts
300 grams Green Isle Roast Potatoes
12 cocktail sausages
2 tablespoons red onion chutney
1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 200 C/190 C Fan.
- In a bowl, stir 1 tablespoon of the honey, thyme, orange zest and juice and a good pinch of salt and pepper together. Add the halved turkey breasts to the marinade and combine. Cover and leave for 20 minutes in the fridge to marinate.
- To assemble, wrap two rashers of bacon around the marinated turkey pieces to hold. Repeat with the remaining turkey pieces.
- For the roast vegetables, place the carrots and brussel sprouts in a large pan of boiling water seasoned with a little salt. Bring to a simmer and then cook for 3 - 4 minutes. Drain well and place into a bowl.
- Lightly oil your largest roasting tray, and place the Green Isle Roast Potatoes, the bacon wrapped turkey breasts and the cocktail sausages onto the tray.
- Roast for 15 minutes.
- To the bowl with the carrots and brussel sprouts add the onion chutney and the chopped rosemary. Stir to combine.
- Remove the tray from the oven and add the carrots and brussel sprouts, stirring everything together to make space for them.
- Cook for a further 15 minutes until the potatoes are golden and the turkey is cooked through.
- Leave to rest for a few minutes before serving with a jug of hot gravy and a bowl of cranberry sauce.
Share on social
Share on social